Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Aurelia Aurita

She wrote a letter to my shadow
I smoked a strand of her black hair
She ran her fingers cross my belly
And fell asleep with her hand there


I saw the patterns on my ceiling
A bloom of jellyfish hung down
The trees were dripping dried up leaves
The wind was sweeping up the ground

When her fingers did their stutter
As she slept across my chest
I saw the moistness on her picket teeth
I saw the pigment in her breath

Jesus once lived underwater
The sea was glowing on the coast
He never did much like the desert
He gave that all up to His ghost

They tried to follow in His footsteps
They tried to dig up all His bones
The tomb was empty and the seas were boiling
In almost all the coastal zones

The polypoids are now in mourning
The anglers all shut off their lights
We walked across a gelatinous sea
Till we were gone far from His sight

When I get killed tomorrow
Write her a letter on the foam
Tell the turtles that I loved them
And that I won't be coming home

Take the kelp from off my bed
Clean the salt out of my room
On certain nights when she looks overhead
I’ll be polishing the moon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment