Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Guest Ranter Miss Giblets with 'Is this ignorance?'

We have a guest ranter for this installment of Memphis Dry Rub. Check out her blog at http://peanutbuttervodka.tumblr.com/ for even more of her special brand of informed ignorance.

I am really sick of gay rights activism. Of course, I’m not really for any kind of activism— and I realize this has more to do with misanthropy than politics. I’m for gay marriage for the usual reasons i.e. legislation of Judeo-Christian morality is the turd ingredient in the turd salad that I eat every time I venture into the Current Events section of a newspaper. The other ingredients are menstrual blood, raisins and sports. Raisins are okay, but they’re nothing to open a newspaper over. I’d like to say to hell with it and be done, but I live in a college town in Northern California so I don’t get to.

Anyways, the gay rights thing is still going on pretty hard and my point here is that it wouldn’t be so annoying if it weren’t for the lesbians. They make up the majority of the protesters/paraders. And why is this?
Well, I sat down and thought about it for seven seconds and realized that the lesbians are double trouble when it comes to being burnt about the state of the world. First they’re women, second they’re gay. Women just started coming into activism in the grand scheme of things, and while some may argue there is nothing more to be said on the matter, there are still very real problems with glass ceilings and other clever metaphors for inequality.

You usually don’t hear about a woman getting beaten to death because she’s a woman though. That’s the gay battle, and I understand the severity of that too. The inequality against the gaze isn’t a glass ceiling either— it’s made up of cinder blocks and broken nails. It’s covered in gay blood and has a mechanism that plays “You’re going to hell, faggot” and “You’re going to hell, fucking faggot” whenever some poor gay fails to rise above it.

Yea, it’s bullshit.

But how is some rainbow parade going to change anyone’s mind?? Does everyone need to be aware of you? Is that the logic? Maybe they’re working on the generations to come by annoying everyone into submission. That makes sense, but you’re pushing me away. I’ll still vote for your right to get married, because as far as I’m concerned the day can’t come soon enough. I’m afraid that until you are treated the same as regular minorities, your group will continue to be make itself known in the most annoying possible way.

I’m sorry ladies, but I gotta give you the award for most annoying. Perhaps you are compensating for your subjugated femininity by being…potent. And perhaps this manifests itself in things like your short hair cuts and lip rings and rainbow stud belts. But these things make me relate your individuality to a stereotype that SUCKS. And I’m sorry, but I’m judging you. I’m assuming you are annoying. I’m assuming that you are going to talk about the hardships of your lifestyle choice in otherwise ordinary conversations. When I see the lesbianess you’ve carefully constructed, I refer it back to the large scale lesbianess that gets portrayed in your demonstrations. Your demonstrations that demonstrate lesbianess…

Hmm, so then this isn’t my circular logic. You guys are doing all the shitty circular logic for us. Perhaps the missing ingredient is critical thinking, but are you expecting it from us? Don’t be daft, this is America.
And don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate America. I just have to feel disdain when people are retarded in a language I can understand. And that applies to Americans AND lesbians.

No comments:

Post a Comment