Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

You Ain’t Ivan Pavlov

Yeah, them maidens are at it again
Synchronizing their periods
So that you could set your watch
To a tampon string
I hate it when they do that
Who knows what they’re planning?
Who knows what they’ll do with that power?
I burned a night
Listening to a girl
Trying to convince me of the appeal
Of bigamy
Is bigamy a treacherous female plot?
God, I don’t know
I don’t even want to think about it
I won’t even take my woman out
In a strong wind
She might drift like a leaf
Under the boot
Of a man-child
With a stupid tattoo
She was so proud
Of being a Chinese riddle
Well, I told her
I said,
“When I find you
Hanging
from your bent knees
With your head
on the floor
Looking like
A question mark
Remember that
Mystery
is only interesting
When there’s something behind it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment